The Milwaukee Bucks have signed forward Samaki Walker.
“Originally drafted by
with the ninth overall pick in the 1996 NBA Draft, Dallas (6-9, 250) has spent time with six separate teams during his 10-year playing career. He wore a Walker uniform during his first three seasons and enjoyed his best statistical season during the 1997-98 campaign when he averaged 8.9 points and 7.4 rebounds in 41 games with the Mavericks.” Dallas
That’s no guarantee that
The Bucks now have an interesting assortment of backup power forwards fighting for roster spots with Michael Ruffin, Angelo Reyes, and now Walker. While Ruffin might be the least interesting of the three, he’s also probably the most likely to make the team.
An old NBA.com profile of
"· His full name is Samaki Ijuma Walker
· in Swahili, Samaki means “fish” and Ijuma means “beautiful river”
· his nickname is “Mak” short for Samaki
· he is the youngest of seven children
· he has one son, Dabaji, and one daughter, Sakima
· he continues to work toward his degree in communications by taking summer classes at
· he would like to be a motivational speaker when his playing career is over
· he enjoys fishing, reading and conversing in his free time
· he lists the Dallas Cowboys as his favorite team and football and boxing as his favorite sport
· he opened a clothing store, Lady's and
Gent's, in , in September 2000 Columbus, Ohio
· during Christmas 1999, he purchased 400 tickets, dressed as Santa and then distributed the tickets and some gifts to underprivileged families
· he enjoys wearing unusual hats
· he lists To Kill a Mockingbird as his favorite book
· he wears a size 17 shoe."