Thursday, September 13, 2007

Brown Works Out For Bucks

Dee Brown was among at least four guards that recently worked out for the Bucks, according to Brown’s personal blog.

From a blog posting on September 10:
“I'm back working out right now and received an invite to workout for the Milwaukee Bucks. Today, the first workout went really well for me. Scoonie Penn, Mike Wilks, Royale Ivey were the great guards I went up against. I got injured in the first one on one drill (bruise rib), but that didn't stop me from competing. Those are the things that stands out about me is I work hard and compete every time I step on the floor. That's one thing people will never question that's my work ethic. That's the first thing my mother taught me, WORK, WORK and WORK some more. I have another workout tomorrow with the Milwaukee Bucks and I'm resting and have ice on my ribs right now, so I can be ready to compete another day. That's what I love about my life, I had to work for everything that I have and it's a great feeling.”
For a while now, The Bratwurst has advocated the Bucks take a look at Brown.

Brown brings tons of energy and quickness, but is small at 6'0" and 185 pounds. He also isn’t the purest of point guards and lacks shooting accuracy. Since he wouldn’t be asked to run the starting unit however, Brown would bring a nice change of pace off the bench.

Scoonie Penn is an interesting name not only because it’s an interesting name, but because he teamed with Michael Redd to lead Ohio St. to the Final Four in 2000 and was a fellow second-round pick in 2000. Not only that, in 2005-06 Penn played with European giant Cibona Zagreb, whose roster included none other than Damir Markota.

No comments: